Why volunteer to be a part of JDC Central 2013?
By joining our team, you will:
- Develop valuable skills that will allow you to stand out from the crowd
- Gain leadership experience and refine marketable skills
- Learn how to plan and execute a large-scale, first class event
- Meet and network with over 500 of the best students from across the country
- Earn great recommendations for future employment
- Get involved!
There are a variety of different volunteer positions available in the areas of, but not limited to:
- Event Execution
Due to the high demand of these volunteer positions not all applicants will be selected for volunteer positions. Each participating school is guaranteed a minimum of two (2) volunteers, but more may be accepted. Volunteers from schools that are not competing are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to participating schools. The organizing committee will do their best to place volunteers in their preferred area of interest but cannot guarantee specific positions.
Volunteers will be staying overnight at the Marriott Habourfront Hotel for the duration of the competition and a volunteer fee is required. The fee will include three nights’ accommodation, a volunteer t-shirt and other swag, all of your meals for the weekend and transportation. The fee will be announced in the near future.
For more information about volunteering for JDC Central 2013, please contact Patil Angaladian at Patil.Angaladian@jdccentral.ca.